Wednesday 30 October 2013

My first musical


Today i am going to blog about the first musical i attended in my entire life. The first musical i attended is called "Catch me if you can" 
if you are not sure or have not heard what the musical is about,
Catch Me If You Can is a musical adapted from a 2002 American biographical crime drama film with the same name Catch me if you can. the film is directed and produced by Steven Spielberg.  The musical follows the story of con artist Frank Abagnale Jr. which before turning 19 years old, By posing as a pilot, a doctor, and a prosecutor Frank Abagnale Jr successfully performed cons worth millions of dollars. However although His primary crime was check fraud, he was so skillful that the FBI eventually turned to him for help in catching other con artists.
I watched this musical in 22nd febuary 2013 in seoul,korea. I was excited and thrilled and not knowing what to expect as it was my first watching a musical and what more in a country that is not home, moreover i was going to watch the musical alone. i took a cab to the musical venue and when i alighted the cab, tons of banners (for the musical) and floral stands for the musical actors/singer greeted my eyes. It was eye opening and over-whelming that i had to snap a few pictures, after which i rushed to collect my musical ticket that i booked on http://ticket.interpark.com/Global/Index.asp?Kind=01003 when i was in singapore. i was lucky to have booked a first row and middle coloum ticket to musical. The ticket costed around 120,000won which is around 140sgd.
The musical experience
Its was a phenomenal and astounding experience for me as the props and backdrop was so realistic that it took my breathe away. It was so amazing and incredible that they took so little time to change the set to another scene .There was one part of the musical where the stage became to two-level stage, it made my jaw dropped at how fast they did it. the costumes of the musical actors was also so well detailed and pretty And although the musical was in korean, despite the language barrier i still can feel the emotions from the songs and dance choreography. i could relate to the thoughts,feelings and the internal struggle the main character,Frank Abagnale Jr. was going through. Such a great job well done to the Musical actors, crew and staff to the musical of Catch me if you can.
This musical left such a deep impression on me that many scenes of the musical still linger in my mind up till now. And going into the musical venue not knowing what to expect and leaving the venue with a mind-blowing experience, i can proudly say that it was a great 140dollars spent. Because of this musical, i learnt so much and i became interested in musicals. Catch me if you can is a must watch!! I hope it comes to Singapore so that i can watch it again and you can catch this amazing musical too!!
(this is a picture of the musical actors near the end of the musical, as you can see in the picture the costumes are so well-detailed and beautiful)
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment