Saturday 2 November 2013

Mixed Media



This craft work is under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

This is a craft work that I did in 2012. The title is ' Asleep ' and it is one of my proudest mixed media work. This craft work is done with a few mediums : Marker, Charcoal, Batik Paint, Pencil and Pastel. This work shows a woman having two different personalities when she is awake and asleep. The clock on the top left hand corner is to show that her personalities changes with time. To show the different personalities and the different time, I used charcoal and black pastel to do a contrasting effect on the body and on the face of the clock. I also used symbols in tattoo form to represent the bad side of her personality on her body. It took me 6 months to complete this work. I prefer mixed media works than just focusing on a particular medium because I love exploring different types of mediums. This is also a good way to practice a whole range of mediums at one time and discovering the possibilities of each medium on our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment