Wednesday 6 November 2013

Mood board and audio composing.


Powered by Cincopa

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

This is my self-composed audio and mood board that I did last year.
This was done as one of my final assignments in my audio composing module that I
took previously in another school. I was told to come up with 9 sentences that will make up
a story or an experience. After much thought, I've decided to go with the experience of taking a
roller coaster. Other than coming up with the sentences, I was also expected to do up the mood board frames. There was no restriction/expectation in the sort of medium we can use so I went with gouache and acrylic paint. However, I had a lot of problems trying to come up with frames as they have to be abstract and at the same time, editable with After Effects software. Even though it wasn't a pleasant process, the outcome of the mood board is still rather satisfying to me.

After completing the mood board, I had to compose an audio mix for each frame. To compose an audio that is able to depict/bring out the sentences behind the frames was extremely difficult for me. I spent hours looking for suitable audios and then editing everything together. In total, I used a total of 70 raw audio tracks before coming up with the audio mix of my 9 frames.

Through the process of coming up with this work, I've learnt the importance of patience as well as passion. Without the patience to sit in front of a computer to edit for long hours, it is impossible to complete. Looking for suitable audio tracks took an even longer time. Without passion, there is no drive for you to search for more ideas or even continue to complete your work when you are at the hardest point of the project.
Art is perceived differently by everyone. It is very subjective To some, an art work may look like the gem that they want to own. To others, it might have just looked like one of the many art works in the world. In order to come up with an art work that is able to demand the same sort of positive feedback and critique is difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment