Thursday 7 November 2013

Photography is the Past



Creative Commons License
Photography is the Past by Kelly Chua is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Singapore License.

This photo was taken 2 years back in Hong Kong, when I went there with my cousin. It was our first time there, and we spent most of our time in Tsim Sha Tsui because I really love the food and girls being girls, I think it is a shopping paradise there.

I really love this street in Tsim Sha Tsui so I just took a photo of it. I feel that photography allows me to capture the moment of life or rather how I feel at the moment; just by pressing the button of the camera. To say that what we see in photographs is gone is just stating the obvious. Looking at photograph is just looking at the past. Once the particular moment is gone, it’s never coming back, just like any other moments.

The fact that something is gone makes photographs so poignant and it is what makes photographs memories. This again, is obvious because memories concern the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment